Starting university is indeed a significant milestone and for many, it represents a new chapter where they can redefine themselves and make bold statements about who they are or who they aspire to be. A change in hairstyle can symbolize this new beginning and can be a great way to express personality and style. If you’re considering making a radical change to your hair as you step into university life, here are some ideas:
- Pixie Cut: Going for a short and chic pixie cut can be a liberating change. It’s also low maintenance and can be styled edgily or elegantly, depending on your mood or the occasion.
- Dyed Hair: Experiment with color. You can go for an all-over dye, subtle highlights, or even a bold ombre. Pastels and neon colors are daring, or you could try a natural shade you’ve never had before.
- Undercut: This style involves shaving or cutting very short a section of the hair, typically underneath the longest part. It can be hidden for a conservative look or shown off with a ponytail or bun for an edgy vibe.
- Shag Cut: A shaggy, layered cut can give you a bohemian and carefree look. It works well with wavy and curly hair, adding volume and movement.
- Buzz Cut: A buzz cut is a bold statement and is as low maintenance as it gets. If you’re feeling daring, why not go for this chic and strong look?
- Braids or Dreadlocks: Braids, including box braids or cornrows, and dreadlocks can give you a complete change and are a great way to protect your hair. There are many styles to choose from, each offering its own unique flair.
- Natural Curls: If you’ve been straightening your hair or hiding your natural texture, embracing your curls can be a refreshing change. With the right care, your natural curls can really make a statement.
- Long Bob (Lob): Not too short, not too long, the long bob is versatile and stylish. It’s a sophisticated look that can be straight, wavy, or tousled.
- Asymmetrical Cut: This cut, where one side is longer than the other, can be a subtle or extreme change. It’s a modern look that definitely turns heads.
- Bangs: Whether you choose side-swept or a full fringe, bangs can dramatically change your look without a significant cut.
- Bald Look: Shaving off all your hair is perhaps the most radical change of all. It can be a deeply personal statement and is the ultimate low-maintenance style.
Before making any drastic changes, consider the upkeep and whether it fits with your lifestyle. Remember, hair grows back, so don’t be afraid to take a risk and try something new. A new hairstyle can give you a confidence boost and set the tone for your exciting journey into university life.