Fulani braids, also known as tribal braids or Fulani-inspired braids, are a popular and stylish hairstyle that originated from the Fulani people of West Africa. These braids are characterized by their unique patterns, intricate designs, and decorative elements such as beads and cowrie shells. If you’re looking for the coolest Fulani braid styles to rock in 2023, here are some ideas to inspire you:
1. Classic Fulani Braids: This style features long, thin braids that are parted in the middle and adorned with beads or cowrie shells at the ends. It’s a timeless and traditional look that never goes out of style.
2. Fulani Braids with Cornrows: Combine cornrows with Fulani braids for a chic and edgy look. Create cornrows along the sides or top of your head, and then add Fulani braids to the remaining hair. You can play with different braid sizes and patterns for a unique twist.
3. Fulani Braids with Twists: Add twists to your Fulani braids to create a textured and eye-catching hairstyle. Alternate between braids and twists or create a combination of both for a modern and dynamic look.
4. Fulani Braids with Beads: Embrace the traditional Fulani style by incorporating beads into your braids. Choose colorful beads that complement your outfit and add a playful and vibrant touch to your hairstyle.
5. Fulani Braids with Ponytail: Gather your Fulani braids into a high or low ponytail for a sleek and sophisticated look. You can wrap a small section of hair around the base of the ponytail to conceal the elastic and add a polished finish.
6. Fulani Braids with Half-Up Style: Create a stylish half-up, half-down hairstyle with your Fulani braids. Gather the top section of your hair into a ponytail or bun, leaving the rest of the braids loose. This versatile style can be worn casually or dressed up for special occasions.
7. Fulani Braids with Side Swept Bangs: Add a touch of elegance to your Fulani braids by sweeping a section of braids to the side to create side-swept bangs. This style frames your face beautifully and adds a soft and feminine touch to your look.
Remember to take proper care of your braids by moisturizing your scalp, protecting your edges, and avoiding excessive tension. Also, have fun with accessories like beads, cowrie shells, or hair cuffs to personalize your Fulani braids and make them your own.