Not only are braid hairstyles for short hair trending right now, but much easier to maintain even if you have a curly hairstyle. Every woman with short hair knows how much less product goes into her daily routine and that’s definitely money saved. Washing, drying and detangling take significantly less time as well, time that can be reallocated to makeup and other aspects of getting ready. Shorter hair also tends to maintain more natural volume than longer hair, which is often weighed down by gravity. Ready to try something new instead of your long layered hair?
Absolutely! Braid hairstyles for short hair can be a great way to switch up your look and add some flair to your style. Here are a few trendy braid hairstyles that work well for short hair:
1. Braided Bob: If you have a chin-length bob, you can add some braided accents to create a stylish and playful look. Try adding small braids along the hairline or create a braided crown around the head.
2. Side Braid: A side braid can add a touch of elegance to your short hair. Sweep your hair to one side and create a loose braid, leaving a few face-framing strands loose for a soft and romantic vibe.
3. French Braid Mohawk: For an edgier look, consider a French braid Mohawk. Start braiding from the front of your hairline and continue down the center of your head, leaving the sides and back shaved or tightly cropped.
4. Dutch Braid Pigtails: If you have slightly longer short hair, you can try Dutch braid pigtails. Separate your hair into two sections and create Dutch braids (reverse French braids) on each side. This look is cute and playful.
5. Crown Braid: Short hair can still rock a crown braid! Create a braided headband by taking sections of hair from the front and braiding them across the top of your head. Secure the ends underneath the rest of your hair for a seamless finish.
6. Box Braids: If you’re willing to add extensions, you can try box braids on short hair. Box braids can add length and versatility to your look while providing a low-maintenance hairstyle.
Remember, even with short hair, you can still experiment with different braid sizes, textures, and styles. Don’t be afraid to get creative and personalize the braided hairstyle to suit your unique taste and facial features.