We always hear the word keratin when reading hair care articles. Because keratin is very important for hair care. In fact, keratin, which is found in our body as a protein, plays an important role in the growth of hair and nails. Some of us have less protein. We can increase our keratin level by eating white and red meat. We can also use keratin hair care products. Thanks to keratin, our hair gets stronger. Without keratin, the hair becomes weak and it breaks very quickly. Keratin helps hair grow stronger and faster. You can comb your hair easier and it looks brighter. Don’t forget to have a keratin hair care before making Braids and Ghana weaving Hairstyles.
Keratin is a protein that is naturally present in our hair, skin, and nails. It plays a crucial role in maintaining the strength, structure, and overall health of our hair. Here are some important reasons why keratin usage is beneficial in hair care:
1. Strengthens the Hair: Keratin helps strengthen the hair shaft, making it less prone to breakage and damage. It acts as a protective barrier against external factors such as heat styling, chemical treatments, and environmental pollutants.
2. Smooths Frizz and Reduces Flyaways: Keratin treatments and products help to smooth out frizzy hair and reduce flyaways. By filling in gaps in the hair cuticle, keratin creates a smoother surface, resulting in more manageable and sleek hair.
3. Restores Hair Elasticity: Over time, our hair can lose its elasticity, becoming brittle and prone to breakage. Keratin treatments can help restore the elasticity of the hair, making it more resilient and less likely to break.
4. Adds Shine and Luster: Keratin helps to enhance the natural shine and luster of the hair. It smooths the hair cuticle, allowing light to reflect off the hair strands, resulting in a glossy and healthy appearance.
5. Repairs Damaged Hair: Keratin treatments can help repair damaged hair by replenishing lost protein and nutrients. It can help revive and rejuvenate dry, damaged, and chemically treated hair, improving its overall condition.
6. Reduces Hair Porosity: Hair porosity refers to the hair’s ability to absorb and retain moisture. High porosity hair tends to be more prone to frizz and breakage. Keratin treatments can help reduce porosity by filling in gaps in the hair cuticle, resulting in improved moisture retention and less frizz.
7. Long-lasting Results: Keratin treatments can provide long-lasting results, making it an ideal option for individuals looking for smooth and manageable hair for an extended period. The effects can last for several weeks to months, depending on the specific treatment and hair care routine.
It’s important to note that keratin treatments typically involve the use of chemical products and heat styling, which can potentially cause damage if not performed correctly or if used excessively. It’s recommended to consult with a professional stylist and follow their instructions for the best results and to minimize any potential risks.
Overall, incorporating keratin into your hair care routine can help improve the strength, appearance, and manageability of your hair, making it a popular choice for those seeking healthier and more beautiful locks.